My kids adore their grandparents. In fact, my oldest tells me all the time that he wants to live in the city where his Nana and Poppa live! Whether its making something in Poppa's workshop together or eating Nana's special pumpkin bread, my kids are making beautiful memories with my parents. They share such a special bond and they adore each other. September 8th is Grandparent's Day, so this year, we will be making something special!
Here are 5 of our favourite keepsake DIY ideas perfect for any grandparent!
1. Using Mod Podge, some wood and scrapbook paper create this incredible DIY keepsake for grandparents, like the Brampton mamas made.
2. Make a frame from recycled materials with your favourite photo with Grandma and Grandpa.
3. Get digital with this cool online app that helps you make word clouds for Nana and Poppa. Type in the words that make you think of them and the app with create a masterpiece. Print it for a frame or send it off to be printed on a mug.
4. This "I Love you THIS much" craft is sure to bring on tears for loving grandparents!
5. Make a sweet footprint (great for babies) or handprint card for special grandparents and add a simple poem or verse like these;
Children have a certain way
of growing bigger every day,
But these little hands
and this special smile
will stay in our
hearts a long, long while.
I miss you when we're not together
I'm growing up so fast
See how big I've gotten
Since you saw me last?
As I grow, I'll change a lot,
The years will fly right by.
You'll wonder how I grew so quick
When and where and why?
So look upon this handprint (these handprints)
That's hanging on your wall.
And memories will come back of me,
When I was very small.
The only thing better than having you for parents
Is my children having you for Grandparents