Babies and toddlers want to get in on all the Christmas excitment, so we have lots of ideas to get them to explore the wonder of the season with all of their senses! A trip to the craft store or dollar store will be the best place to stock up on items for your Christmas sensory bin. Be sure to keep babies safe with edible items and items large enough that they are not a choking hazard!
Materials (use any or all of these suggestions below):
Cotton balls (snow)
Holiday Rice Krispies
Pieces of pine tree (fake)
Candy canes in wrap
Christmas cookie cutter
dry red and green dyed pasta or rice (sometimes the spinach and tomato pastas are great for red and green!)
red and green spaghetti (cooled)
1. Find a tub or bin for your baby/toddler sensory station.
2. Fill your container with a variety of items from the list above.
3. Watch the babies and toddlers explore the Christmas items- be sure to watch them for things that are not good to go in their mouths.
1. Wrap up empty boxes and let the babies and toddlers open and explore- we all know that they like the wrap and boxes better than the actual presents!
2. Fill a large container with peppermint scented water and put Christmas bath toys or other Christmas items from the list above and let the little ones get wet or just use their hands to explore.