momstown moms at our Baby Basics, Baby Picasso program in Mississauga were thrilled to create these adorable pieces of art! With baby's first Christmas only weeks away, these moms and babes got crafty! We love to create new ways to incorporate your child's foot or hand print into keepsakes to treasure. Here is a Footprint Christmas Tree Craft that will literally "blow their socks off"!
white craft paper or canvas
green washable paint
red or other colour glitter glue or puffy paint tube (fine tip is best)
green glitter glue or puffy paint tube (fine tip is best)
1. Paint the bottoms of both of your child's feet with green paint.
2. Carefully place them together in an inverted "V" shape (toes touching.
3. Repeat this again, to create the two levels on the Christmas tree.
3. Fill in extra "branches" of your tree with green glitter paint or glue. Let it dry and read some Christmas stories while you wait!
4. Decorate your tree with red glitter ball embellishments, stickers, or simply red glitter glue or paint (you can use any colours, but we love the green and red!)
5. Add a personalized message for someone special! This makes a great gift if put on a canvas or even a red plate.