Preschoolers will love this fun craft to create Santa's sleigh and his 8 reindeer! Using simple craft and recycled materials you have at home, your child will have a blast creating this special decoration for Christmas! It's the perfect addition to the table or anywhere in the house! Kids can even act out a play about Rudolph and his reindeer friends!
Santa and his Sleigh:
top of the egg carton
red duct tape or red paint
1. Cut the top of a egg carton and paint it red or put red duct tape on it to make a sleigh.
2. Glue in white cotton balls to make it soft and fluffy for Santa.
3. Add tin foil 'blades" on the bottom of the sleigh.
4. To make Santa; use a toilet paper roll covered in red felt or construction paper for his suit. Add eyes, a nose and glue on cotton balls for his beard. Use red duct tape or paint for this hat and glue a cotton ball on the tip!
Reindeers (you need to make 8 for the full effect!):
wrapper paper roll cut into 8 (or 8 toilet rolls)
glue gun or white craft glue
1. Glue gun on pipecleaners (kids love to bend them into antlers) onto the inside of each side of the tube.
2. Glue gun on bells (near the belly) and beads for noses (be sure to use a RED one for Rudolph!).
Tip: You could use white glue, takes longer to dry.
3. Make eyes and a mouth on the tube using a black marker.
4. Set up your reindeer and Santa's sleigh using red ribbon as the reigns!
Be sure to browse our other Christmas crafts for kids of all ages!