The momstown Hamilton preschoolers were discovering N for Net and doing a fishing net alphabet craft this week. Other similar crafts could be "F is for Fish" or this cute aquarium out of a paper plate!
How many types of nets can you think of? The kids came up with this list. Can you think of any more?
- Fishing net
- Butterfly net
- Soccer net
- Hockey net
- Basket ball net
Non-slip drawer liner (mesh version)
1. Let the kids cut out their letter N or have them pre-cut for toddlers.
2. Glue down the N to the piece of construction paper (blue is good to look like water)
3. Add the net to the middle of the "N" by using a triangular shaped piece of non-slip drawer liner (found at the dollar or craft store). Glue down the side edges and made a pocket to catch some fish in.
4. Glue on some goldfish crackers.
5. Older kids can practice their letters by writing "N" along the bottom or tracing the letter for fine motor practice!
Time to enjoy the day's catch! Fishy crackers make a yummy snack and happy kids.