During a very snowy Sunday afternoon, my boys and I dug out the craft bins and tried to think of what cool craft we could create to show off the scene outside. With a little creativity, some cotton balls and a toilet roll, just look at what we made! Our very own Winter Wonderland!
shoe box or paper plate
various Christmas embellishments of your choice- we love red glitter pom poms!
1. Spread some white glue on a plate.
2. Put down a layer of "snow" using cotton balls.
3. Using a toilet roll, create a snowman;
- cut toilet roll in three
- glue them together on top of each other for 3 snowman snowballs
- add a pipecleaner or construction paper scarf
- add googly eyes
- make a hat or use a pom pom
4. Add any decorations you like; make a snow fort, add in Santa, make kids playing, a sled, make a tree out of pipecleaners, pinecones or popsicle sticks! Whatever your child would like!
Take this opportunity to talk to your child about seasons, how many balls create a snowman, what the temperature would be in your scene and how they like to play in the snow. It's another great teachable moment!