My daughter loved making this craft – but she also wanted to make sure there was a mommy or daddy bird with the babies!
½ paper plate
Strips of brown construction paper
Coloured construction paper (we used pink, green and blue)
Orange construction paper
1. Start with the nest. Paint the ½ paper plate brown and let dry.
2. While drying, make the baby birds. I did this by tracing out my daughter’s heel on the coloured construction paper – perfect baby bird shape. Cut this out.
3. Glue on the googly eyes and a small orange triangle for a beak on each of the baby birds. Glue feathers onto the back of the birds. Let dry.
4. By now the paint on the paper plate should be dry. Glue the strips of brown construction paper to the nest to look like twigs.
5. Glue the baby birds on the back side of the paper plate.
6. To make the big bird, I traced my daughter’s foot onto construction paper and cut it out. Then I traced both her hands on another piece of construction paper and cut them out. Glue the hands on the back side of the foot print, so that only the four fingers are visible. Add googly eyes, orange beak and a couple of brown strips for legs. You can also add feathers to the big bird.
Mary-Ann is a guest blogger at momstown and owner of Crafty Kids. Crafty Kids delivers monthly craft kits to families with children aged 3-6. These kits come with everything you need to make eight crafts - paint, glue, paint brushes, and simple instructions all included. These fun crafts are kid tested and encourage creativity. A limited number of individual kits are also available for purchase. We make spending quality time with your kids easy.