Want to take a special DIY hostess gift to an upcoming holiday party? Try this inexpensive but beautiful Santa votive holder! With a bit of glitter and construction paper, you can make a festive gift for someone or a decoration for your own home!
glass votive holder (dollar store)
paint brush/foam brush
black and yellow foam paper, scrapbook paper, ribbon, felt or construction paper
glue or glue gun
1. Brush on Mod Podge to the inside of the glass votive holder (a set of two is the best gift or decoration).
2. Shake in a handful of red glitter and roll the holder on its side to distribute the glitter to all sides. Roll the holder several times to make sure it's covered.
3. Set aside and let it dry overnight or for at least two hours.
4. Cut a black band of construction paper, ribbon, felt or foam for Santa's belt. Glue it to the outside of the votive holder with glue.
5. Cut a yellow, silver or gold square with a square cut in the middle for the belt buckle. Glue this on top of the black belt.
6. Your Santa votive holder is complete! Add a candle or flameless tealight (available at dollar stores).
We have several other Christmas votive and mason jar hostess gift and decoration ideas!