The famous "Minions" are hot right now - thanks to the popularity of the Despicable Me movies! McDonald's has Despicable Me toys, the toy stores are filled with talking versions, and my youngest has been drawing pictures of them all weekend!
When he spied one of the Kinder Surprise egg toy holders (that somehow we have a lot of rattling around the house...) he found a great way to upcycle them into his very own minion toys!
What you need:
- Kinder Surprise egg toy holders (we had large size ones from Easter as well as the regular sized ones)
- Sharpie or other permanent marker
- Pipe cleaners
1. Use the Sharpie to draw a face and hair
2. Bend pipecleaners to make the 'goggles' - you need two circles and then a straight piece to connect around the back
3. Name your minion! We have Steve, Bill, and Stuart (I think!?)
Note sure what a 'minion' is? Check out this hilarious video that was part of the Despicable Me 2 trailer:
Summer brings great new family movies to theatres, and these minions will be a hit for kids and adults alike. And it's a great way to finally find a use for those little yellow eggs inside the Kinder Surprise treats!