Easy and Inexpensive! Awesome idea for a birthday party activity!
Make a party piñata at home for next to nothing.
Supplies: Newspaper (torn into 2” to 3” strips)
Glue or Flour
Various supplies for decorating finished pinata
- Mix either water or glue in 1 mixing bowl with water. Use enough water to create a thin runny paste.
- Blow up the balloon to the size and shape (round or oval) of the finished piñata
- Place balloon in second mixing bowl
- Take pieces of newspaper one at a time and run them through the paste, removing excess paste apply the wet paper to the balloon. - Repeat until balloon is covered with paper.
- Let dry and repeat the process two more time.
Note: Prior to the 3 application of paper we taped our string around the balloon so we had something to hang the piñata with. Regular kitchen string or twine works great.
- Once complete decorate your piñata. We spray painted ours then added pipe cleaner embellishments for the face and a pair of construction paper wings.
- Finally stuff the piñata with candies and small toys through the opening in the top. Attach to a broom stick or hang from a tree and let the little one’s fun begin.
- Not only are these Pinatas inexpensive they are not overly difficult for younger children to break open, unlike the store purchased piñatas.
Watch momstown Edmonton South on their blog as they bust up their pinata at their Bug Party!